I’m a coupon clipping, deal stacking, coin saving freak. My favorite way to save is via smartphone apps. They are usually the easiest way to get cash back for purchases while tracking your savings. Here are my top 5.
- Find & Save – Mostly in-store offers, which is why I like it. Once you are set up, all you need to do is check the offers daily. You will see offers like “Spend $100 at Kroger, Get 3% Back”. Just snap a pic of your receipt, upload, then they will transfer the amount into your Find&Save account. When you hit $25, the money goes straight into your Paypal account. Wow. How great is that?! Be sure to only use receipts from your household, they do track this and will disconnect your account if you cheat. It’s not worth it.
- Ibotta – You may have heard of this one as it is one of the most popular rebate apps out there. But it’s all for good reason. They have a lot of items to choose from, including retail stores and restaurants. This one may require patience, mainly because if you’re cashing in items that are popular or “Any Brand” (i.e. Buy any brand of milk, get a $0.25 rebate), then it will take a little longer to see significant results.
- MobiSave – The best feature of MobiSave is that each and every rebate goes straight into your Paypal account. So you don’t have to get hung up on meeting some savings goal to cash out. They do a fair amount of “Any Brands” which is always a good thing. If you’re an avid magazine reader, definitely sign up. They always seem to have tons of rebates for popular magazines.
- Checkout 51 – I like this one because they rarely limit you to a few stores. Most of their products will give you cash back, no matter where it was purchased. That’s a great feature! Plus, every week you can enter a sweeps with any grocery receipt amounting to at least $60.
- Savings Star – They stand out because some of their rebates allow you to add up your purchased products over time. For instance, “Buy $25 worth of Angel Soft, get $5 back” and you usually have a couple months to do this. Once you see 5 whole bucks added to your account, it’s a really good feeling.
While you’re at it, go ahead and download Receipt Hog as well. It takes any and all receipts, no matter if they’re yours or your family and friends. This one requires patience, but has a cute slot machine feature which really does add “coins” to your account when you hit a winning combo. Once the coins add up to a certain amount, you can cash in. Some may think all this work is tedious and that’s ok. I think it’s fun and I like the reward at the end of all that extra work. Cold hard cash!